CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Open Book Theatre Company in Trenton is currently seeking a part time OFFICE MANAGER and PRODUCTION/FACILITY MANAGER. Applicants can apply for one or both positions.
TO APPLY: Send a resume, including 3 references, no later than August 12 to email@example.com
Indicate which job(s) you are interested in.
Open Book Theatre requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all staff, artists, and volunteers who work onsite at Open Book Theatre.
Open Book Theatre Company in Trenton is seeking an office manager for a part time (10 hours a week) position to work closely with the Artistic Director to plan and enhance business operation. Job would include heading up our box office, filing, creating mailings, programs, and other documents, keeping track of schedules, and more. Must be familiar with the MS office suite, including creating mail merge documents and handling spreadsheets. Comfort with online technology (i.e. ability to learn and run our ticketing software, Google document storage, online calendar, email marketing, website updating, etc) also needed. Good phone and in-person customer service presence. Other skills that could be a plus (but not necessary) would include experience in QuickBooks, grant tracking, graphic design, non-profit management, and whatever other skills you might bring to the table. Hours can be set to work around your schedule. Pay: $15 an hour. Reports to the Artistic Director.
– Maintain weekly open Box office hours
– Return calls and emails about tickets
– Coordinate ticket sales with off site retailer
– Track complimentary tickets
– Create letters for tickets given as prizes, gift certificates
– Set up online sales, maintain databases within our ticket/donor software (Arts People)
– Communications (emails, phone calls, letters, social media, website)
– Track and record donations (financial and inkind)
– Office Tasks (printing, organization, filing, data entry, etc)
– Assist in creation and maintenance of documentation, contracts, calendars, press releases, and more
– Monitor and maintain supply of paper goods, kitchen needs, etc.
– Track and schedule needed maintenance, inspections, etc.
Open Book Theatre Company in Trenton is seeking a part time Production/Building Manager to work closely with the Artistic Director and production teams to facilitate each production and the smooth operations of the building . This position would oversee all technical aspects (set, lights, props, costumes, sound, etc) of our 5 show season: running production meetings, coordinating schedules, needs, and budgets, checking in regularly with the staff and crew. They would help as needed with purchasing materials, setting up the performance space, picking up supplies, building, etc. They would organize and keep track of our stock (costumes, props, equipment). Additionally, they would manage the upkeep of the building: caring for the garden, cleaning the space, clearing the alley of weeds, managing light maintenance, etc. Appx.10 hours a week, will vary. Salary: $9000/year. Reports to the Artistic Director
– Maintain inventory and storage of props, costumes, etc
– Oversee production budgets, management, and monitoring of accurate expenditures and ensuring adherence to production, staffing, and maintenance budgets
– Plan and maintain the production schedule for each show
– Supervise production related staff and designers
– Ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the performance spaces are well maintained
– Create and maintain technical documentation and inventories
– Work with designers, directors, and production staff to ensure that all productions are realized to the highest artistic standard, within the constraints of the OBTC schedules and budget
– Manage the maintenance and organization of the shop, storage, and backstage spaces
– Manage upkeep of building: scheduling maintenance, caring for garden, alley, and interior (cleaning bathrooms, dressing rooms, backstage, etc)
– Help with set building and strike, purchasing and transporting materials, setting up performance space, etc.
General auditions for our 22-23 season were held on Saturday, June 4.
Auditions are usually held in early spring for Driveway Theatre and late spring for our upcoming Mainstage Season.
Open Book is committed to the practice of race-transcendent and color-conscious casting: in plays where race is not dictated by the needs of the script artists of all race and ethnicity will be considered for all roles. For plays where race is dictated by the script we will be conscious of casting correctly.
We are an LGBTQIA friendly theater. We encourage trans and non-binary actors to audition for any roles they feel comfortable and willing to portray.
Intimacy – some roles in our season require some onstage, physical intimacy (mostly kissing). You will be asked at auditions about your comfort with intimacy.
Directors, designers, stage management, etc.
You are welcome to send us a resume/CV at any time and we will keep it on file.
Open Book Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Read our non-discrimination policy and diversity philosophy statement HERE. Read our Anti-Racist Theatre Statement HERE.